But the real trouble is, just what are you supposed to do with them?
Never fear, help is on the way!
Below we’ve compiled a list of 10 places you can leave or give out your business cards.
10 Places to Leave or Give Out Your Business Cards
- A Restaurant. When you go out for dinner, leave one along with your tip. You never know if the server (or anyone they work with) might be interested in what you offer.
- Outgoing mail. Now I’m not talking about a letter to your great aunt Flo (although that might not be a bad idea?), but rather when you send in your bills…credit card payments, cable, phone, even the electric bill. You never know who’s in charge of opening these, and you might put your biz in front of someone who wouldn’t otherwise ever see it.
- Bulletin boards. If your town is anything like mine (I live in a town of around 30,000 people), there are a multitude of bulletin boards around town that you can pin your business card on anytime. They usually range from retail stores to banks, and sometimes places like laundry mats and community centers have them, too. Some places only allow things to be up for a certain amount of time, while others will leave them up until the cards are gone. Be sure to check with each individual establishment regarding what their requirements are.
- Doctor and Dental offices. Again, please check with the office staff. Some places are very generous in allowing this and even provide business card holders for you to use, while others frown on this completely.
- The Bank. More specifically, your bank teller. Just remember who you’ve given them to so you don’t give the same person your card every visit.
- Beauty Salons & Spas. Most places of this nature are very willing to promote your business because they know in turn that you will be more willing to recommend them. And word of mouth is a very powerful tool.
- The Gym. Some have bulletin boards, some do not. It never hurts to ask if they’ll let you leave a few cards by the front desk, especially if you’re a member.
- Your auto mechanic. I can already hear it…’but what if I have a business geared toward women?’ My answer: Don’t you think he knows one? He probably has a wife, girlfriend, sister or mother that he could pass your card along to.
- Social gatherings. Whether you’re getting together for business or pleasure, anywhere there is a group of people is a promising place for you to give your card out. Chamber of Commerce meetings, baby showers, bible studies. Note: Be sure you are genuinely interacting and connecting with people and not simply shoving your business card in their face. But then, you already knew that, didn’t you?
- A home party. Even if you happen to be in direct sales as well, you can still give out your business cards at another party, just as long as #1- you check with the hostess first and #2- it’s a non competing business.
I hope this short list of places to leave or give out your business cards has been helpful. We’d love to hear what works for you! Let us know what you’ve tried and if you had any luck with the ideas above. Please leave your comment below!
Latest posts by Kimi Clark (see all)
- Be the Best You and Run Your Own Race - March 30, 2017
- iKrema Mattress Review- Get the Best Sleep of Your Life! - March 28, 2017
- 2 For Tuesday From Cents of Style - March 21, 2017