The last day of school is right around the corner. That means the cries of “I’m booooored!” will be starting soon. Of course I want to keep my kids moving, learning, and exploring this summer, but I also need to get things done like cooking and housework. That’s why I’ve been devising fun ways to get the kids to help clean.
This post contains affiliate links that help support this website. This means if you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (without it costing you a penny more!). To learn more, please visit our Disclosure Policy.
Start by grabbing this FREE set of Method hand soap + dish soap + multi-surface spray + Grove Collaborative walnut scrubber sponges here from Grove Collaborative. If you’re already a Grove customer, don’t worry they have something for you too — free Grove walnut scrubber sponges (I love these!). Get yours here. Then meet me back here for tricks to get the kids to help pitch in (and actually enjoy it!).
How I Get The Kids to Help Clean
- Choose products that are safe for kids to use. It goes without saying that I don’t want my kids around anything that could make them sick. I love Method because if there’s a chance an ingredient isn’t safe, they won’t use it. Method’s products are made from natural ingredients, but they’re still as strong as Wonder Woman.
- Bright colors make cleaning more fun. The vibrant pinks, purples, yellows, and greens of Method’s products remind me of a box of popsicles. If you have little ones, you could even practice color names to make cleanup a learning opportunity.
- Everyone loves bubbles. Method’s candy-colored hand soap is perfect for the kids’ bathroom. The pump is easy to use and my kids love how lathery it is — maybe a little too much! Sometimes I catch them having a bubble party in the sink, but let’s be honest, I’m just happy they’re washing their hands.
- Give them their own cleaning kit. Having their own supplies makes little ones feel grown up. We picked out goodies from Grove like rubber gloves, a scrub brush, and a cleaning caddy. I showed them how to use each tool, and added multipurpose cleaning supplies like Method multi-surface spray to cut down on confusion. (Of course, my kids got really into decorating their cleaning caddies with stickers).
- Kids love scented stuff — especially if they get to choose the scent. My kids loved picking out the scents for this Method Essentials Kit and were excited to make the house smell good. When you grab your free kit from Grove Collaborative, you can choose from cucumber, honeycrisp apple, lime and sea salt, lavender, pink grapefruit, sea minerals, sweet water, or waterfall scent.
- Make chores a competitive sport. Sometimes the lazy days of summer leave everyone feeling sluggish. That’s when I challenge my kids to a kid vs. kid chore competition. Whoever is first to get their chores done well wins!
- Help them take ownership. It’s not always easy to motivate the kids to help with dish duty. But at our house, we have a schedule so everyone takes their turn. Method dish soap and Grove Collaborative walnut scrubbers help the kids help clean better and tackle big messes.
My kids look forward to receiving our Grove Collaborative order each month. They get so excited when they see the Grove box sitting on our porch! I get excited too because Grove ships my favorite natural products right to my doorstep on my schedule. Grab your free Method Essentials Kit and give Grove Collaborative a try this summer! You’ll also get a free 60 day VIP trial, which means FREE shipping, FREE gifts, price-matching, and exclusive service.
Grove Collaborative really works great to get the kids to help clean. There’s no better time to try it out than now! To try Grove and get your kit, Go here —> FREE Method Essentials KIT!
Latest posts by Kimi Clark (see all)
- Fashion Friday- Favorite Cardigans - August 18, 2017
- Outdoor Games to Keep Kids Entertained This Summer - August 16, 2017
- The Best Back to School Fashion for Moms - August 14, 2017