If you're in the mood for a road trip and are in, near, or headed to West Virginia, you're in luck! We've compiled a list of 5 Places to Visit in West Virginia that will have you out the door, on the road and having fun in no time!
1. Blackwater Falls State Park– One of the most photographed sites in West Virginia, Blackwater Falls State Park has comfortable accomodations, good food and is a great place to host reunions and have meetings as well as visit for the day. There is even a pool and an indoor fitness center!
2. Monongahela National Forest– One of the most ecologically diverse forests in the country, you'll see breathtaking views and lots of wildlife on a visit to Monongahela National Forest. It's located in Elkins, WV.
3. Kanawha State Forest– Located about 7 miles south of Charleston, Kanawha State Forest is a great place to go for hiking, biking, and cross-country skiing. There is a fully equipped campground as well as a playground for the little ones. You'll find a vast bird population, and if flowers are your thing, you'll be amazed at the selection of wildflowers on display in this forest.
4. Midland Trail National Scenic Byway– If you're in the mood to cruise and get off the beaten path, this 180=+ mile road that runs border to border across West Virginia will be right up your alley. With many towns, attractions and events along the way, there is tons to do along the way such as fishing, boating, rafting, rock climbing, and so much more. You won't run out of fun on this trip, so make sure you have your vehicle prepped and ready to go on a fun adventure!
5. Snowshoe– A beautiful mountain resort, Snowshoe has everything visitors need, from shopping, to dining, to entertainment. As well as the typical winter activities like skiing and snowboarding, you can experience fly fishing, horseback riding, swimming, hiking, and even zip lining when the weather is warm. Lots of fun adventure awaits, they even have a kids camp, golf and tours you can take in a Polaris RZR. There truly is something for everyone!
Have you been to any of these 5 places to visit in West Virginia? I'd love to hear about your experience!
Oh, and if you're looking for a new ride before embarking on your journey, be sure to stop by Urse Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram and see what they have to offer.